2012 marks the 12th year of the annual Portland Zine Symposium! We have gone through some growing pains, these past three years especially, and we are working very hard to keep the event as affordable as possible for attendees while maintaining the size and scope that symposium go-ers have come to expect despite exponentially increased costs.
This event would not be possible without the generous help and support of the Portland community. It is because of the community of local businesses and organizations here in Portland and beyond that we are able to organize a successful event each year.
There are lots of ways to help Portland Zine Symposium.
* Direct monetary donations go toward paying for our venue, purchasing promotional materials such as stickers, t-shirts, and posters for the event, and covering any other expenses that the symposium incurs. Please consider donating to us.
* Participate in our postcard project! For $5 you can purchase a self-addressed stamped postcard. One side of the postcard is blank and ready for you to write, draw, or otherwise decorate. Then you can sign your name to it and drop it in a post box. All returned postcards will be on display in a gallery at the 2011 Portland Zine Symposium.
|Portland Zine Symposium Postcards|
* Volunteer at the symposium! We always need people to man the merch and info tables, help keep the food area clean and tidy, pick up donations, and hanging up fliers, among other activities. Donating a few hours of your time before or during the symposium is a great way to learn more about what it takes to organize the event and show your appreciation for it!
* Donate food or beverages to the event! Each year we provide a free food and beverages table for our tablers and attendees of the event. Any beverages or food your business can donate the weekend of the conference will help keep all attending zinesters energized and happy. In addition, you will be thanked on posters hanging around the food area of the event, so everyone knows about your generosity and support!
* Donate gift certificates or goods to be raffled off at the event! A large part of our budget each year comes from raising money through a raffle at the symposium. Donating even a $5 gift certificate is a great way to bring new people into your business and show your support for the event!
All donors will be listed and thanked on our website and in our program. Food and beverage donors will also be thanked on signs hanging in that area. The Portland Zine Symposium is a 501c(3) non-profit organization, so your donation will be fully tax deductible! We will happily provide our Federal Tax ID Number upon request.
All donation inquiries should be sent to Katie Ash, katie.a.ash AT gmail DOT com.
Want to just buy some PZS gear to support us? Check out the PZS store here:http://pdxzines.bigcartel.com/
Thank you all in advance for helping us make this year’s Portland Zine Symposium the best one yet.
Portland Zine Symposium Organizers